Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Accomplishments


Photo of me this past summer 2008 when I chopped off my hair.  

This weekend I started developing a Chore Chart system for my kids.  I wanted to make something like THIS, but I only have a trial version of Photoshop at this point and it is very foreign to me.  I also wanted to get it done and sewing anything would cause the whole project to be delayed by months.   That said,  I can't believe I was able to make THIS on Friday after finding a step-by-step tutorial on how to make a button on photoshop.  Go Me!!

Right now the Chore Chart system is in the developmental stage.  I will still have to tweak a few things to make sure it's mostly fair and perhaps do-able on those extra busy days.  I also want something that transitions from school days to summer easily, though I may have to make new ones because I'm that OCD.  I'll write more about these charts when I'm completed.

Last night, while hubby was at work for a few hours, I  decided it was high time I started on my 2009 Goals List.  I have an obsession with lists and love to cross things off that list. Usually with a big yellow highlighter.  It makes me feel as if I'm accomplishing something.  For most people it would seem that writing a To Do list of :

TO DO List for the not so crazy people:

1. Clean bathrooms (no matter how many bathrooms they have..this is sufficient)
2. Clean bedrooms (they could have 9 bedrooms and still accomplish it)
3. Spring Clean house (would this type of personality really Spring Clean? I'm just sayin'.)

This would be my TO DO List. 

1. Clean / Organize Upstairs bathroom cabinet.
2. Clean/ Organize Upstairs bathroom countertop.
3. Wipe down Upstairs bathroom baseboards.
4. Clean Upstairs Bathroom tub & fixtures.

..............and so on, and so on.  You get the idea.   I would put mine on here for you to laugh look at, but it's at one hundred twenty-four goals at the moment and some of them are pretty personal.  In Semi-Organized fashion they are not organized by rooms, some are all over, but that will give me the visual encouragement I need as  I flip through the pages.  Currently there are four pages.  I am still working on it, but I can't imagine adding more than twenty. We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment