Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just a little bit easier...

Everyone is passionate about something and for me that's organizing. I tend to focus on the things I can do to make my life "just a little bit easier". Usually, this involves some sort of major overhaul that can be summed up in one word...OVERWHELMING. I do it to myself, I know, but that's okay. Seriously. I could be like some of my friends who live with the crumbs, jelly stained couch cushions and dust that is embedded into crevices so thick that you would need a toothbrush and toothpick to get it *mostly* clean. Thing is...they seem happy with their lives. Almost Joyful, even.

Whatever condition you keep your house is not for me to judge. Personally, I can see past the grime and into your life, your smiles, your content heart. I just like things clean and organized. I live by the motto:

A place for everything and everything in it's place."

Part of me wonders if one can actually have a clean, organized, Martha Stewartish house....with 5 children...and not fall down dead from the attempt. I guess we'll see.

In the past, I've had several blogs...mostly about Irish Dancing and a hodge podge of other things thrown in the mix. That is until Blogger decided I am not the owner of my old main blog Reely Jiggin'. After numerous attempts to reclaim my old blog, I gave up and then I was forced to think of a new name. I threw around a few Irish Dance blogs and even started a couple, but nothing seemed right. Irish Dance is NOT my focus in life, though I do joke that it is "My Life". My actual life seems to fall within the Organizing category. I'm organizing everything I do. Even when I try not to organize, I organize. I make lists, I try to finish the lists. I organize rooms, spaces, lives, trips, school, kids and yes...Irish Dance. It's fun. It's frustrating, at times. It's comforting. It's my Passion.

Mostly this blog will be my attempts to make organizing simple and fun. I definately do not have the money to make my spaces Martha Stewartish, but it doesn't mean I can't try with simple things, frugal spending and well...a whole bunch of creativity.

Here's to 2009 and making life "just a little bit easier".

No comments:

Post a Comment