Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It wasn't so bad........

Right now, while I'm content with Motrin and Lortab coursing through my veins, I wanted to take this moment to tell everyone who sent prayers and good thoughts my way....Thank You!

I felt a little anxious this morning, but Rob took care of everything so I didn't have to stress out. I love that man. Our first stop was to my Orthodontist to remove the whole top wire and the one bracket on a tooth that was to be removed. For those of you who know teeth numbers it was #7 (the small tooth next to your front tooth on the right side). Dr. E. was very adamant that we not put the pontics back on until next Monday. I knew it was for the best and had prepared myself that I would be without my front teeth for the rest of the week/end. I held it all together until I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. It was then I burst into tears and all the emotions of the past few days came pouring out of me. Rob grabbed my bag and we left.

We were early for my surgery, so Rob and I went to Kid to Kid to check on some uniform clothes for Caleb who starts a Charter school on Monday. I found an almost brand new pair of American flag Robeez for a neighbor baby and we found one pair of navy blue slacks for Caleb. I kept forgetting to not talk to people and I think I even smiled at one lady. I was quick to stop smiling, but she probably saw the huge black space anyway. Oh well. At least I am friendly and have good manners. Right?

At the oral surgeons (Dr. K) , I was taken back quickly and things just started rolling. I freaked Dr. K out by wishing him luck on finding a vein and getting it the first time. Wouldn't you know, Dr. K stuck the IV in and voila...he got the vein. Dr. K even raised his arms in VICTORY. He's not humble or anything.

I dont remember going to sleep, but I do remember feeling a little groggy. At some point, during the surgery, I woke up and fell back asleep several times. I wasn't in any pain, but I was cognitive enough to think "I hope this isn't one of those situations where I can't move, but can feel the surgery." I willed myself to move my hand and it moved, so I fell back alseep.

Dr. K removed #6 & #7, did a bone graft and had to do some skin grafts (from my mouth) to close the extra girth added by the bone graft. I'll be sore for several days, but I can drink through a straw. Now how's that for a wonderful gift! I was sure I would be on straw restriction. The Lord knew I needed a Jamba Juice.

Rob brought me home and put me to bed, then ran out to get my medication. I slept until he returned. He put in Transformer's, made me Ramen noodles and brought me a diet Crush. I called my mom to tell her I was doing fine and now I will head back to bed. I think the Lortab is starting to really kick in. Fun!

Again, thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. They mean the world to me and I know they're the primary source of my feeling comfortable.


  1. Feel better soon and enjoy the narcotics!

  2. Yay for Rob! Great husbands are truly the best.

    I've been keeping up with your progress on FB, and I must say you have handled everything like a true champ.

    Me on the hand would have been screaming like Fred Sanford...because I'm a great actress like that:)

    Hugs and Mocha,