Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Absentmindedness

I'm not even going to start my first post back by giving some lame excuse as to why I haven't blogged, or bore you with a two-hour read on what's been going on in my life the past year. Instead, we'll just start fresh and realize that just as there are gaps in my ever-fading memory...there will be gaps in my blog from time to time.

I definitely consider myself "semi-organized", and as you've noticed...that's the name of my blog. However, lately I have been feeling rather unorganized and it's starting to freak me out. I walk around the house forgetting what I was doing before, where I was going, losing items that are right under my nose, and wondering where all the hours in the day went. I'm constantly fretting over what needs to be done and/or avoiding what needs to be done. Like right now. My brain wants to think, sort out, write. My body does not want to do laundry, straighten up, grocery shop, or clean toilets.

Guess what! The plow just came down our street. I bet the snowmobilers will be pretty irked when they find out. They really shouldn't be snowmobiling on the street anyway. If I had a radar gun I'm sure I could clock them at over 40 mph, but I don't, so I don't have any proof. Regardless, our street is a typical 25 mph, not 40+. Next time they snowmobile down my street I'll throw my husbands Highland Games stone at one of them. For fun. I'm sure I'll miss because I can't throw worth a darn, but it will be fun trying to knock them off. Sort of like Adult Chucky Cheese games. Or something.

Where were we? Oh yes, UNorganized. Me, that is. I'm very unorganized.

By January 1, 2008, I had about 237.3 goals detailed out, on paper, that I wanted to accomplish by 2009. I made a huge, rather colorful, table where I was supposed to accomplish these small goals and then check them off. The list lasted a few months and I did get quite a few things accomplished, but it quickly fell to the wayside....as does everything I think is going to revolutionize my life. I thought I was going to start sewing cloth diapers for a few friends, but quickly tired of that notion. I have wanted to begin blogging again for over a year now and every time I sit down to write something I draw a blank. Anything I write usually gets deleted and I feel so frustrated at the time I've wasted. My laundry is in heaps, my bathrooms stink and are grungy, my closets are so out of control it stresses me out just to go in there. I had grand plans to reclaim my house over the holiday break, yet nothing was accomplished. I didn't even get all the Christmas decorations down until yesterday. It was January fourth! That is not me people! Although, to be completely honest, it was my husband who actually put the Christmas decor away. If not, the boxes would still be piled on top of each other and my kitchen table would be filled with ornaments and snowmen until this brain fog lifted. I am usually more on top of things, so why do I feel so out-of-sorts? Thankfully, my sweet husband has stepped up to the plate and taken care of the things I'm forgetting. I had jeans to wear because of him and I haven't had to wear his undies for at least a month. Without him, I am sure I would have completely lost my mind by now.

I've missed writing down my thoughts. Maybe this is what I need to refocus, since I process better when things are written down. Now, if I could just remember to blog.



1 comment:

  1. I find myself feeling the same way. Organization is almost like a mood. Some days I am completely together and the next day, I cannot find the glasses I put on top of my head as I went searching for something else. May 2011 be a good year!

    ReplyDelete